- Public Works
- Water Reclamation Facility
Water Reclamation Facility
- Produce effluent which complies with the N.P.D.E.S. Permit.
- Process and dispose of sanitary sludge in accordance with I.E.P.A. permit standards.
- Develop and implement operating and maintenance procedures to meet continually changing EPA mandates.
- Provide laboratory analysis of facilities performance.
- Maintain daily operational data logs and computerized bio-solids monitoring records.
- Provide mechanical, electrical and building maintenance of facility using computer based maintenance program.
Bio-Solids (formerly called sludge) is a by-product of the treatment process.
Clean Water Act / NPDES Discharge Standards
IEPA and federal Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) regulate the Water Reclamation Facility by its discharge into the east branch of the DuPage River.
Find out an update on construction that is going on.
Description of Operations
Learn about all the things we do every day.
The facility lab performs a variety of analysis to satisfy regulatory requirements of the (National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System) NPDES permit and for process control.
Being a good neighbor by controlling odors is a part of the normal operation of every treatment facility.
Rebuild Illinois Grant
Funding assistance being sought under the REBUILD Illinois Fast Track Program.for the construction of a new Grit Building and Tank and replacement of Filters.